Top Ranked Children's Hospital Automates New User Processing - Saving 2,600 Hours Provisioning New Users Annually
Services: Advisory, Managed Services
Solution: SailPoint IdentityIQ
Our client was experiencing inefficiencies creating new users in Sailpoint IdentityIQ.
A national leader in pediatric health and clinical care was experiencing significant inefficiencies in their user creation workflows.
On a weekly basis, the Exchange and Account Provisioning teams were manually creating up to 100 users across different applications. In addition to the time it took to create each user, every newly-created user also required multiple approval requests across departments, sometimes taking over a week following up with approvals.
The Business Impact
The manual user creation process resulted in security risks and time wastage.
The business impact of this highly manual process was two-fold:
- Inconsistencies in user set up resulted in potential security risks
- Each new user took approximately 30 minutes to set up, and up to a week to approve, resulting in signficant delays, risk gaps, and operational inefficiencies.
In other words, not only did the original process pose a security risk to the highly-regulated organization, it also was a significant source of inefficiency.
The MajorKey team fully automated the user creation process, saving 2,600 hours per of manual work a year while reducing security risks.
MajorKey's managed services team worked with a leading children's hospital to automate the previously manual process.
As a result of automating the user creation process, the Exchange and Account Provisioning Teams saved 30 minutes of effort per new user. With up to 100 new users added per week, this resulted in approximately 50 hours of timed saved on tedious, manual work each week.
In terms of security, the automated process ensured that user access was consistent across the organization. This drastically reduced the likelihood of a new user receiving improper access (or in some cases, not enough access).
The MajorKey Approach
Our unique approach gave our client the confidence they needed.
Our approach is encompassed by the following values:
- Process-focused, not tool-focused. We are a vendor-agnostic provider. In other words, when working with clients we focus on business processes and outcomes rather than pushing a specific tool.
- Structured project management. We rarely miss deadlines and always stay under budget.
- Organizational change management. We dedicate significant time to helping the organization work through new policies and procedures associated with a migration. This includes end user training by roles and responsibilities, assistance with sponsorship adoption and roll out procedures, communication templates for deployment, and more.
- Agile development style. Our developers seek client feedback early and often throughout the life of a project to ensure client satisfaction after deployment.
- User acceptance training. We have a highly structured, clearly defined process for making sure the tool is driving value for the business users. This reduces post-live issues and encourages tool utilization after deployment.
- Post-live and managed services. We provide 24x7 on-call support for the most critical issues that may arise following a deployment.